Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BNW and the video

BNW and the video that we watched really dont's correlate but I wanted to talk about both of them anyway. BNW was probably my one of my least favorite books that we had to read next to Clockwork which was by far my least favorite book. BNW presented some very interesting topics. One of the topics that I found interesting was the concept of the drug that Huxley presented. Huxley basicly created a drug for everything and this relates to our society in that we are becoming a drug obsessed society. We are on the verge of creating drugs for everything. We seem to have a drug that can fix your problems no matter what they are. I feel that eventually we will have one pill for everything just like in BNW.

The video that we watched in class on the microchips being implanted into people was really interesting. This really relates Feed in that they too had chips implanted in them. This just shows that eventually we may be able to have actual computers in our heads like they did in Feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment